Your goal: To put legos in the hands of orphan children so they can enjoy Legos, some for the very first time.
Why? Because Lucas loves Legos, and Legos opens a door to creativity, social play, and fun-filled education.
- Learn more about ICC by browsing the ICC website or by looking at this ICC magazine.
- Decide on the best time to do an annual Lucas Legos for Kids drive. The beginning of the year, after a big event, Thanksgiving, or Christmas are good options.
- To do it for the entire school, work with colleagues to plan and promote the drive–announcements, start and stop times, and possible fun incentives.
- Put up posters, or share them digitally. Download them here 8.5×11 and 11×17
- Share this video with others!
- Decide on a financial goal to help pay for the shipment of the Legos to orphanages around the world, and to support the daily needs of ICC’s orphans, like food, education, health and living expenses.
- Distribute gallon sized ziplock bags for students to fill, or use other means to collect the Legos or Duplos.
- When the collection is over, weight the donations and celebrate how much has been collected.
- Include in the shipment a report (or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes the following:
- Your group/school/church name and address
- Your group organizer name, phone and email.
- How much was collected in pounds.
- As many photos and stories as you can share for public use!
- Print the pre-made mailing address (icc.dream.press/legos) and mail to International Children’s Care. ICC will forward them to one of their children’s centers or children’s villages around the world. Remember, no donations are going to Lucas’ family; all donations benefit the children of International Children’s Care.
Thank you for supporting Lucas and International Children’s Care in making this world a better, smarter, happier place!