Written by Rick Bowes
The story of our Las Palmas Pathfinders donating their Camporee funds to help the new orphans in the Congo (found here) reminds me that it’s not just our Las Palmas children who are giving gifts. Indeed, all over the world our children are continually giving gifts. They give to their brothers and sisters.
They give to their house parents, and many times they have gone outside of the Children’s Villages to give gifts to their neighbors.
They do so specifically because your ICC staff has taught them (Genesis 12:1,2) that they have been “blessed so that they might bless others.”
That one phrase, “Blessed to bless others” is familiar to me because I have heard so many of you use it when referring to what God has done in your lives.
So right here, I want to thank you for passing those blessings on to your children in the ICC Villages. Truly, your gifts are not just changing lives, but they are saving lives.
Since many of you have expressed a desire to know how you can most effectively pass these blessings on, here’s a short 5–part answer on how this can be done.
- Gifts of Cash – Your tax-deductible cash donations are the most helpful form of support. (You might want to choose to set up a “recurring monthly gift.”)
- IRA Gifts – If you are 70 ½ years or older you can give “Qualified Charitable Distributions” of up to $100,000 a year without declaring it as income.
- Stock Gifts – Tax deductible stocks and mutual fund shares held for at least one year can be directly gifted to ICC.
- Automatic Payroll Deductions at Your Work – Just write “International Children’s Care” into the payroll deduction designation blank.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – If you are 70 years or older this type of gift will not only give you a tax deduction, but it will also provide you with a fixed income for life.
I’d also be happy to speak with you by phone. Please call our ICC office at 360-573-0429 or 800-722-7729.
You are helping to change and save the lives of children through your generous support. On their behalf, thank you!